Metal-Free Restorations – Albuquerque, NM
Beautiful, Metal-Free Restorations For Your Smile
Dental materials have come a long way over the years. At one time, the primary material used to repair teeth was amalgam, which is a mixture of metals that includes mercury, silver, copper and others. Now, we have mercury-free alternatives that look fantastic and are also better for your oral health. Whether you need a metal-free filling, crown, or ansother type of restoration, we've got you covered! At ABQ Wholistic Dentistry, Dr. Shamaine Giron will give you a beautiful smile while taking your overall well-being into account at the same time. If you're interested in metal-free restorations, give us a call so we can create the perfect treatment plan for you!
Why Choose ABQ Wholistic Dentistry For Metal-Free Restorations?
- We Only Use Safe, High-Quality Materials That Look Great
- Friendly, Experienced Dentist and Staff That Listen To Your Concerns
- We Always Provide Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Treatment (SMART)
Types of Metal-Free Restorations
Regardless of whether you need minor or major dental work, we can create any type of restoration with mercury-free materials, including fillings, inlays, onlays, and dental crowns. Dr. Giron will spend time carefully matching the color of your restoration to your existing smile to make sure your results look beautiful and natural.
Metal-Free Fillings, Inlays, and Onlays
When recommending the best dental restoration for your needs, Dr. Giron will always go with the most conservative option to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible.
We use ceramic and other metal-free components to custom-make each dental crown. Ceramic crowns are strong, beautiful, and long-lasting and will look just like a natural tooth. With good oral hygiene habits at home and regular checkups, you can expect your ceramic crown to last 10-20 years or more.
Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations
As a sought-after cosmetic dentist, Dr. Giron has found that many of our patients are interested in metal-free restorations for the aesthetic benefits they provide. But they offer several other advantages as well:
- Non-metal materials are bio-compatible and won't trigger metal allergies or sensitivities.
- With metal-free materials, Dr. Giron doesn't need to remove as much of your tooth structure. This enables her to make your dental fillings smaller while still effectively restoring your tooth.
- Metal fillings expand and contract quickly when exposed to hot and cold (e.g. having ice cream and coffee in the same sitting). Over time, this can lead to cracks and fractures in your teeth. Metal-free materials contract and expand at a similar rate as your enamel, which prevents this from happening.
- With a metal-free restoration, you won't feel self-conscious or embarrassed about people noticing your dental work, so you can smile and laugh with confidence.
And if you're interested in having old amalgam fillings removed, you'll be glad to know that we use the SMART protocol (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Treatment). This keeps your exposure to mercury to an absolute minimum, so you won't have to worry about jeopardizing your health to have a healthy, beautiful smile. If you think you may need dental work and prefer metal-free restorations, give us a call anytime!